Assisted Senior Pet Care Boarding
Are you missing the fun in the sun or the family reunion because you’re afraid to leave your special needs/geriatric pet home? Now you can ensure that your pet gets that special care at Big Creek Pet Hospital’s kennel in Cleveland, OH, with our “Assisted Care Boarding”.
Team Approach to Caring for Your Special Needs Dog or Cat while Boarding
Big Creek Pet Hospital is uniquely able to monitor and care for your pet as a special needs boarder. You can be assured that your pet is receiving attentive care from not only from our Animal Caretakers, but also, our Veterinarians, Registered Veterinary Technicians and the entire medical team. Because, we are a veterinary hospital makes us uniquely qualified to care for dogs and cats with special needs. In fact, this is the reason so many choose to board their pets with us because of our special care expertise and state-of-the-art facilities.
Why special needs boarding instead of regular boarding?
Older pets, diabetics and pets with health issues should all board in our special needs section. The most common reasons people choose special needs boarding are:
- Medications and supplements. Dogs or cats on numerous medications need care that a regular boarder would not need. Diabetics also fall into this category.
- Post-surgical care
- Cast or bandage care
- Special or extra meals. Pets with very specific dietary needs also fall into the special needs boarder category.
- Special handling care. Older dogs that need help just to go outside to take care of business can be now boarded safely and easily at Big Creek Pet Hospital. Dogs with significant arthritis would also qualify.
- Senior Care. Many of our older guests cannot board at a regular facility. An area with many other dogs, loud noises, and constant commotion just won’t fit their needs. They really need an area that is quieter and more attentive to their needs.
- Geriatric Dogs (14 or older), geriatric cats (18 or older), plus pets requiring chronic medical attention are candidates for this program.
Enhanced Care During Your Pet’s Stay
Your pet will receive enhanced care during his/her stay. Big Creek Pet Hospital’s Assisted Care Boarding includes:
- Physical Examination at the beginning of your special needs stay
- Monitoring by the Medical Team throughout your pets stay (this includes additional exams at least every other day)
- Your pet will get a Medical Report explaining how your pet did during his or her stay here.
Our goal is to ensure your golden-aged or health compromised pet stay with us is pleasant and possible and worry-free for you. So if you are looking for boarding your special needs dog or cat so you can take a trip call (440) 234-5831 to make reservations or if you have questions about this program. You can also make an online boarding reservation request.
People living or visiting Southwest Greater Cleveland or flying from Hopkins International Airport choose to board their pets with us. So should you.