While we have a fantastic facility with a great location, our team is what makes us special to thousands of clients and their pets. Periodically, we are looking for new teammates. Below are our general requirements and brief position descriptions/requirements. Please call us, (440) 234-5831 to determine if we are hiring for a specific position.
We encourage you to look at this website, especially the Meet Our Team section to learn more about us. You may also want to check us out on Facebook and YouTube (you can click on the appropriate name).
Applications can be downloaded (it is a .pdf document). If interested, please complete the application and, personally return the application to our Middleburg Heights office.
Because of the way we practice medicine and interact with both our clients and teammates, you need to be
- a team player
- friendly and out-going
- be a person of integrity
- be able to handle high responsibility
- able to multi-task
- have superior communications ability
- be a pet lover.
Our team consists of approximately thirty teammates playing in a variety of positions including the following (to learn more click on the specific position you have interest):
Hiring & Training Process (except veterinarians & groomers)
- Complete application and personally bring it into Big Creek Pet Hospital.
- Applications are reviewed.
- Initial phone interviews are conducted for qualified candidates.
- Candidates who have impressed us during the phone interview are invited to a interview.
- The interview includes the following:
- Pre-employment test
- You can ask us general questions about Big Creek Pet hospital and the position you are interviewing for.
- Background checks and/or drug testing will be performed prior to offering a position. If you are younger than 18 years old you need to provide us a “Work Permit."
- If the candidate accepts the position, the first three months will be an “Introductory Period”
- Initial training varies by position.
- Animal Caretakers – 1-2 weeks
- Client Relation Specialists – 4-6 weeks
- Patient Advocate/Veterinary Assistant – 3-6 weeks
- Registered Veterinary Technician – 3-6 weeks